A simple baked dessert made with cubes or slices of bread saturated with a mixture of milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and spices. Chopped fruit or nuts also can be added. Bread and butter pudding is typically made by buttering the bread slices before adding the liquid mixture. Both may be served hot or cold with cream or a dessert sauce.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Coconut Mango Bread Pudding with Caramel Rum Sauce and Fried Coconut Strips
- Apple Bread Pudding with Hard Cider Sauce
- Banana Walnut Bread Pudding with Buttery Rum Sauce
- ROUND 2 RECIPE: Savory Bread Pudding Bites with Apple Mustard Sauce
- Round 2 Recipe: Bread Pudding