This all-purpose apple has a skin that's pale green with muted red stripes; late in the season it turns deep yellow, washed with pinkish-red striping. The crisp flesh is sweet and slightly tart. See also apple.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Braeburn Apple Puree
- Babcock Peach or Braeburn Apple Pancake Tatins
- Roasted Apples with Sabayon Sauce
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Brown Butter Apple Crostata with Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Cranberry Apple Roasted Turkey Breast
- Cream of Green Apple Soup
- Garden Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- Spinach and Green Apple Salad
- Caramel and Three Chocolate Apples