This all-purpose apple has a skin that's pale green with muted red stripes; late in the season it turns deep yellow, washed with pinkish-red striping. The crisp flesh is sweet and slightly tart. See also apple.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Oven Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Braeburn Apple Puree
- Babcock Peach or Braeburn Apple Pancake Tatins
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Roasted Apples with Sabayon Sauce
- Brown Butter Apple Crostata with Apple Cider Caramel Sauce
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Baked Prosciutto and Brie with Apple Butter
- Country Ham and Apples
- Apple Crumble Bars
- Green Apple Martini
- Gingerbread Pancakes with Butterscotch Apples