Also known as blood pudding and in Ireland as black pudding, this large link sausage is made of pig's blood, suet, breadcrumbs and oatmeal. Almost black in color, blood sausage is generally sold precooked. It's traditionally sautéed and served with mashed potatoes.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Morcilla Blood Sausage
- Shrek and Donkey's Manly Waffles (Waffle topped by Grilled Ham Steak, Poached Eggs, and Sausage-Milk Gravy)
- Grilled Poached Sausages with Roasted Peppers and Onions
- Sausages and Sauerkraut
- Polish Deep-Fried Garlic Sausage
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Andouille Sausage
- Smoked Turkey Legs and Sausage Jambalaya
- Penne with Sausage and Escarole
- Baked Mac 'N Cheese with Caramelized Onions and Duck Sausage
- Loukanika Sausage with Eggs and Tomatoes