Also known as blood pudding and in Ireland as black pudding, this large link sausage is made of pig's blood, suet, breadcrumbs and oatmeal. Almost black in color, blood sausage is generally sold precooked. It's traditionally sautéed and served with mashed potatoes.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Morcilla Blood Sausage
- Shrek and Donkey's Manly Waffles (Waffle topped by Grilled Ham Steak, Poached Eggs, and Sausage-Milk Gravy)
- Grilled Poached Sausages with Roasted Peppers and Onions
- Open Faced Sausage, 3 Pepper and Onion Sandwiches with Provolone
- Melange of Sausage and Potato Paupiette
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Antipasto Platter of Hard Sausages
- Kohlrabi and Chinese Sausage Slaw
- Tagliatelle with Smashed Peas, Sausage, and Ricotta Cheese
- Egg-Sausage Sandwich with Pickled Jalapeno
- Mushroom and Sausage Pizza