French for "white," as in beurre blanc, which means "white butter."
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Blanc Mange: Crema Bianco Mangiare
- Fromage Blanc Cheesecake
- Fromage Blanc Dumplings
- Beurre Blanc White Butter Sauce
- Boudin Blanc
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Pan-Seared Rockfish with Lemon Beurre Blanc
- Seared Sea Scallops in Beurre Blanc with Baby Spring Vegetables in Puff Pastry
- Rib Eye Steak in Beurre Blanc with Duck Fat Fries
- Tarte au Fromage Blanc
- Making Fromage Blanc