A very large, delicious cherry that ranges in color from a deep garnet to almost black. The skin is smooth and glossy and the flesh firm and sweet. Bing cherries are good for cooking as well as out-of-hand eating. See also cherry.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Cherry Ice Cream
- Bing Cherry Phyllo Rolls
- Bing Bang Best Bar-B-Que Sauce
- Cherry Pie
- The Man's Manhattan
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Bing Cherry
- Penne with Tuna, Cherry Tomatoes and Olives
- Three Chocolate Bark with Spiced Pecans and Dried Cherries
- Cherry Tomatoes with Buttermilk Blue Cheese Dressing
- Bloody Butcher Flank Steak with Sauteed Beets and Cherries