A very large, delicious cherry that ranges in color from a deep garnet to almost black. The skin is smooth and glossy and the flesh firm and sweet. Bing cherries are good for cooking as well as out-of-hand eating. See also cherry.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Cherry Ice Cream
- Bing Cherry Phyllo Rolls
- Bing Bang Best Bar-B-Que Sauce
- Cherry Pie
- The Man's Manhattan
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Bing Cherry
- Sirloin Pork Chops Braised with Hot Cherry Peppers
- Seared Magret Duck Breasts with Duck Fat, Pan-Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Haricots Verts and a Balsamic Cherry Reduction
- Grilled Sponge Cake with Peach and Cherry Compote
- Whole-Wheat Linguine with Shrimp, Asparagus, and Cherry Tomatoes