A very large, delicious cherry that ranges in color from a deep garnet to almost black. The skin is smooth and glossy and the flesh firm and sweet. Bing cherries are good for cooking as well as out-of-hand eating. See also cherry.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Cherry Ice Cream
- Bing Cherry Phyllo Rolls
- Cherry Pie
- Bing Bang Best Bar-B-Que Sauce
- The Man's Manhattan
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Bing Cherry
- Cherry Pie Inspired By an "Old Fashioned" Cocktail (Sour Cherries Stewed With Raw Sugar, Bourbon and Orange Bitters)
- Frittata with Peppers and Onions with Roasted Cherry Tomato Sauce
- Apple, Dried Cherry and Almond loaf
- Vanilla Cherry Chocolate Cookies