Boston and Bibb (also called limestone) lettuce are the two most well known of the butterhead family. The smaller Bibb is highly prized by gourmets. Both Boston and Bibb lettuce are sometimes referred to simply as butterhead or butter lettuce.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing with Bibb Lettuce
- Bibb Lettuce Salads with Caper Dressing Caps
- Bibb and Radish Salad with Bacon Dressing
- Bibb Lettuce with Shaken Vinaigrette
- Bibb and Butternut Salad with Pumpkin Seeds, Cracklings and Cranberry Vinaigrette