Pronunciation: [burr nwah-ZEHT]
The French term for "brown butter," referring to butter cooked to a light hazelnut (noisette) color, the stage before it becomes beurre noir.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Spinach Gnocchi Pancetta Beurre-Noisette with Chanterelles, Sage, Capers and Parmesan
- Sauteed Head-on Prawns with Two Ginger Beurre Noisette
- Blackberry Financier
- Sauteed Sea Bass Fillet with Cucumber
- Beurre Blanc White Butter Sauce
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Herb-Crusted Atlantic Wreckfish with Fresh Citrus Beurre Blanc
- Seared Sea Scallops in Beurre Blanc with Baby Spring Vegetables in Puff Pastry
- Rib Eye Steak in Beurre Blanc with Duck Fat Fries
- Crepes Suzette au Beurre d'Orange
- Seared Sea Scallops with Sauteed Wild Mushrooms, Fresh Herb Salad, and Roasted Garlic Beurre Blanc