Pronunciation: [burr BLAHN; burr BLAHNGK]
Meaning "white butter," this classic French sauce is composed of a wine, vinegar and shallot reduction into which chunks of cold butter are whisked until the sauce is thick and smooth. It's excellent with poultry, seafood, vegetables and eggs.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Beurre Blanc White Butter Sauce
- Seared Hawaiian Ahi with Wild Rice and Basmati Rice in a Shiitake Teriyaki Beurre Blanc
- Raymond Beurre Blanc
- Soy Beurre Blanc
- Basic Beurre Blanc
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Beurre Blanc
- Pan-Seared Rockfish with Lemon Beurre Blanc
- Seared Sea Scallops in Beurre Blanc with Baby Spring Vegetables in Puff Pastry
- Rib Eye Steak in Beurre Blanc with Duck Fat Fries
- Grilled Swordfish with Candied Shallot and Sundried Tomato Beurre Blanc