Pronunciation: [behr-SEE; BUR-see]
Bercy is a section of Paris after which two sauces are named. Bercy butter is a sauce made with a reduction of white wine with shallots, butter, marrow, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. It's served with broiled or grilled meat or fish.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Cream Cheese and Pecan Stuffed Berries
- Berries with Champagne Cream
- Berries with Almond Cream and Amaretti
- Angel Food Cake with Mixed Berries
- Cheesecake Tart With Berries
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Berries and Cream Crepes
- Garlic Studded Loin of Venison with a Berry Reduction
- Berry Crisp with Plums
- Mascarpone and Wild Berry Tart
- Champagne and Berry Soup