Pronunciation: [behr-SEE; BUR-see]
Bercy is a section of Paris after which two sauces are named. Bercy butter is a sauce made with a reduction of white wine with shallots, butter, marrow, lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper. It's served with broiled or grilled meat or fish.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Hot Plums and Berries
- Cheesecake Tart With Berries
- Stewed Fresh Berries
- Macerated Berries
- Neely's Berry Parfait
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Triple Berry Banana Yogurt Smoothie
- Deep-Dish Mixed Berry Pie
- Peach Tea and Berry Gelatin Terrine
- Choco-Berry Waffle Sundae Surprise
- Goji Berry and Chicken Soup for Colds and Flu