A mildly smoked ham that has been cured in a wine mixture. It's produced in a small town near Bayonne, France. See also ham.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Baked Ham with Brown Sugar Mustard Glaze
- Grilled Ham Steaks with Sauteed Sweet Potatoes, Corn and Caramelized Apples
- Mustard Cream Spaetzle Topped Ham Steak
- Round 2 Recipe - Ham Skillet Casserole
- Smoked Ham with Sweet Holiday Glaze
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Dijon Maple Glazed Spiral Ham
- Ham Steaks with Cheesy Grits and a Bell Pepper and Pepper Jelly Sauce
- Maker's Mark (R) Glazed Ham with Bourbon Biscuits
- Sticky Glazed Asian Ham
- Green Chile Western Ham and Egg Sandwich