A mildly smoked ham that has been cured in a wine mixture. It's produced in a small town near Bayonne, France. See also ham.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Steen's Cane Syrup Glazed Ham
- Smoked Ham with Sweet Holiday Glaze
- Deep-Fried Ham
- Round 2 Recipe - Ham Skillet Casserole
- Grilled Ham Steaks with Sauteed Sweet Potatoes, Corn and Caramelized Apples
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Country Ham and Apples
- Cool'N Spicy Green Tomato Soup with Crab and Country Ham
- Ham Glaze
- Cheddar, Ham and Chutney Bites
- Waffled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches