A sauce used to baste barbecued meat; also used as an accompaniment to the meat after it's cooked. It is traditionally made with tomatoes, onion, mustard, garlic, brown sugar and vinegar; beer and wine are also popular ingredients.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Barbecue Chicken
- Adam Perry Lang's Sweet and Sticky Kansas-City Style Ribs
- Dry Rub Fo Yo Chicken
- Barbecued Chicken
- Cola Barbecue Sauce
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Beer Can Chicken with Cola Barbecue Sauce
- Adirondack Bacon BBQ Chicken, Apples and Onions
- BBQ Baby Back Ribs
- Smoked Ribs with Carolina-Style BBQ Sauce
- Caribbean Salmon with Guava Barbecue Sauce and Mango Veggie Salsa