A French phrase describing meat served with its own natural juices, commonly used with beef. See also jus.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Homemade Roast Beef Sandwich Au Jus
- Prime Rib Au Jus
- London Broil with Ale au jus and Roasted Onions with Quinoa
- Standing Rib Roast with Cabernet au Jus
- Roast Prime Rib with Thyme Au Jus
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Steak au Poivre and Ratatouille Hash
- Tarte au Fromage Blanc
- Steak au Poivre
- Potatoes au Gratin
- Pot au Chocolat with Fleur de Sel