Said to have grown wild in Asia and the Middle East for centuries, this vegetable resembles an elongated bunch of common celerybut its stalks are slimmer, the leaves dark green and parsleylike. Asian celery can be found in some specialty produce markets. Choose firm stalks with no sign of browning. Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. May be used fresh or cooked, the same as common celery.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Cream of Celery Soup and Deviled-Ham Toasts
- Celery Root Latkes
- Celery Root and Apple Puree
- Asian Chicken Salad
- Fennel and Celery Slaw
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Asian Marinated Skirt Steak
- Slow Cooker Asian BBQ Ribs
- Rockin' Celery Boats
- Cod and Chinese Celery Soup: Canh Ngot Ca Mu
- Soft Asian Summer Rolls with Sweet and Savory Dipping Sauce