A general term used for rices with a perfumy, nutlike flavor and aroma. Among the more popular aromatic rices are basmati (from India), jasmine (from Thailand), texmati (from Texas), wehani and wild pecan rice (from Louisiana). See also rice; rizcous.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Long Grain White Rice with Corn, Peppers and Onions
- Pacific Rim Aromatic Rice
- Roasted Pork Loin with Guava Glaze and Calypso Rice
- The Life Span of Rice
- Brown Rice Salad
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Caribbean Seasoned Rice
- Emeril's Shrimp Scampi with Herbed Rice Pilaf
- "100 Grand" Chewy Caramel with Puffed Rice Coated in Chocolate
- Caramel Sea Salt Crispy Rice Treats
- Poached Grouper with Mango Salsa and Coconut Cilantro Rice Pilaf