A general term used for rices with a perfumy, nutlike flavor and aroma. Among the more popular aromatic rices are basmati (from India), jasmine (from Thailand), texmati (from Texas), wehani and wild pecan rice (from Louisiana). See also rice; rizcous.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Long Grain White Rice with Corn, Peppers and Onions
- Pacific Rim Aromatic Rice
- The Life Span of Rice
- Roasted Pork Loin with Guava Glaze and Calypso Rice
- Brown Rice Salad
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Mexican Red Rice
- Bell Peppers Stuffed with Rice in Tomato Sauce (Pimientos Rellenos de Arroz con Salsa de Tomates)
- Baked Chinese Rice with Peas and Ginger
- Pan-Asian Fried Rice
- Caramelized Onions and Lentil Rice