A light, airy sponge-type cake made with stiffly beaten egg whites but no yolks or other fats. It's traditionally baked in a tube pan and is sometimes referred to simply as angel cake.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Lemon Meringue Angel Food Cake
- Chocolate Angel Food Cake with Strawberries
- Vanilla Malted Ice Cream Cake
- Angel Food Cake with Tropical Fruit Compote
- Cranberry Angel Food Cake
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Angel Food Cake
- Angel Food Cake with Mangoes
- Coffee Angel Food Cake
- Minute Angel Food Cake with Fresh Berries and Caramel Whipped Cream
- Gale Gand's Tangerine Angel Food Cake with Tangerine Glaze