Categories: Chile Pepper
This broad, dried chile is three to four inches long and a deep reddish brown; it ranges in flavor from mild to pungent. The rich, slightly fruit-flavored ancho is the sweetest of the dried chiles. In its fresh, green state, the ancho is called a poblano chile.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Ancho Chile Glazed Ribs
- Ancho Chile Chocolate Brownie
- Chile-Rubbed Wings
- Chile-Rubbed Grilled Chicken With Salsa
- Ancho Chile Mayonnaise
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Double Onion Ancho Chile Rubbed Cheddar Cheese Burger with Mustard Sauce
- Ancho Chile and Lime Pork
- Savory and Sweet Pork Stew with Ancho Chiles
- Picadillo Chile Relleno
- Vietnamese Crispy Carrot and Cabbage Salad with Sliced Chicken and Chile-Lime Marinade