An oil obtained by pressing sweet almonds. French almond oil, huile d'amande, is very expensive and has the delicate flavor and aroma of lightly toasted almonds. The U.S. variety is much milder and doesn't compare either in flavor or in price. Almond oil can be found in specialty gourmet markets and many supermarkets.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Roasted Almonds in Chile Oil
- Ferreira's Olive Oil Sauteed Almonds
- Almond Citrus Olive Oil Cake
- Orange-Scented Almond and Olive Oil Muffins
- Arugula Salad with White Truffle Oil, Marcona Almonds and Shaved Parmesan