A flavoring produced by combining bitter-almond oil with ethyl alcohol. The flavor is very intense, so the extract should be used with care.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Almond Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Almond Caramel Thumbprints
- Almond Citrus Cupcake
- Almond Danish Swirls
- Almond Chocolate Balls
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Lamb Meatballs in Almond Sauce
- Orange-Scented Almond Cookies: Amygdalota me Orange
- Almond, Elderflower and Lime Tea Cakes
- Watercress Salad with Dried Fruit and Almonds
- Cherry, Almond, and Herb Salad