A flavoring produced by combining bitter-almond oil with ethyl alcohol. The flavor is very intense, so the extract should be used with care.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Almond Sour Cream Pound Cake
- Almond Caramel Thumbprints
- Almond Affogato
- Almond Cupcakes with Blueberry Tequila Filling, Topped with Marzipan and Acai Berry Cream Cheese Frosting
- Almond Danish Swirls
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Cranberry-Orange and Almond Pudding
- Meyer Lemon and Spanish Almond Semifreddo
- Chocolate Almond Apricot Brittle
- Apple, Dried Cherry and Almond loaf
- Toasted Cecchi, Almonds, and Pistachios