Categories: Pasta Dishes
An Italian phrase meaning "to the tooth," used to describe pasta or other food that is cooked only until it offers a slight resistance when bitten into, but which is not soft or overdone.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Lasagne Al Forno
- Cipolline al Aceto Tradizionale: Baby Onions with Balsamic
- Ziti al Telefono
- Pappardelle al Cinghiale
- Risotto al Vino Rosso: Red Wine Risotto
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Oxtails al Barolo with Soft Polenta
- Oven-Baked Penne with Eggplant: Penne al Forno con Melanzane
- Verdure al Forno
- Beef Braised in Barolo: Brasato al Barolo
- Coffee Custard: Coppette al Caffe