A popular cooked relish in Yugoslavia and Greece made from roasted sweet red peppers, eggplant, garlic, olive oil, salt, pepper and, sometimes, paprika. Ajvar can be served as an appetizer or side dish.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Italian Chicken Stoup with Porcini, Portobello and Peppers
- Pork Tenderloin Posole with Bottom of the Bowl Nacho Surprise
- Mexican Chorizo Strata
- Reverse Marinade, Hot and Sweet Pepper Chicken and Shrimp
- Roasted Pepper and Eggplant Marinara
Related Content From Cooking Channel
- Arugula Salad with Toasted Pine Nuts and Fresh Grapefruit in a Citrus Agave Vinaigrette
- Homemade Mango-Agave Granola with Greek Yogurt
- Jeff's No and Lo BBQ Sauce (No High-Fructose Sugar, Low Sodium)
- Tesque-Seared Ahi Tuna Tataki Tostaditas