The Italian term for a sweet-and-sour flavor (dolce means sweet, agro is sour); synonymous with the French aigre-doux.
From The Food Lover's Companion, Fourth edition by Sharon Tyler Herbst and Ron Herbst. Copyright © 2007, 2001, 1995, 1990 by Barron's Educational Series, Inc.
Related Recipes From Food Network
- Caponata "Agrodolce" (Sweet and Sour)
- Bass Agrodolce with Spaghetti Squash and Mushrooms
- Sicilian Grilled Pork Loin with Agrodolce Grilled Peaches
- Salmon and Sweet Potato Cakes with Agrodolce Relish and Arugula
- Sweet and Sour Butternut Squash---Zucca in Agrodolce